Florida State University is expanding its efforts to recruit, support, and retain a diverse faculty. One of those efforts is the creation of a Provost Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (PPFP) intended to enhance the pipeline to academic careers that results in a more diverse faculty.
What is the PPFP? - Down Load Flyer here
- The PPFP will launch in the spring of 2018 and will provide funding for up to 10 provost fellows.
- Funding includes two years of salary support (including health insurance and fringe benefits) plus a small grants award (up to $20,000) for training related expenses.
- The PPFP is limited to doctoral recipients who are pursing academic careers.
- Successful applicants will have the potential to contribute to diversity in their academic disciplines.
- Review of applications will start March 1, 2018 and will continue until all positions are filled.
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals seeking a postdoctoral fellowship in one of the NSF-defined Fields of US Doctorates
- Not greater than 5 years since awarded their doctoral degree
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Nomination by FSU faculty mentor
How Do You Apply?
- Identify a mentor from the list of participating faculty (Link NOW OPEN). NOTE: you must secure an agreement with a faculty mentor before completing the online application. Upload a signed duties contract in your online application.
- For the online application, upload a CV, a description of your proposed research project (3 pp. limit), and a personal statement describing your career goals and how you would contribute to faculty diversity in your academic discipline (2 pp. limit).
- Arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent on your behalf (1 letter should be from your Ph.D. advisor).
- Letter of nomination by a faculty mentor that describes your research potential and match (this will be prompted during the submission of your application).
When you have all your materials ready, click here for the link to the application portal (NOW OPEN).
If you have questions during the submission process, please contact, Debra Fadool, Director of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
Are you interested in serving as a Faculty Mentor for this new Postdoctoral Fellowship Program?
If so, please see the following helpful links to register as a faculty mentor!
- Call for Faculty Mentors (a description of the program and directions for registering as a faculty mentor)
- Survey to upload your postdoctoral mentoring experience and research training interests. Surveys should be completed by February 1 for faculty interested in serving as mentors for the 2018-2020 call.
- Table to upload to the survey - Previous Postdoctoral Trainees
- Duties contract to sign for the applicant you are nominating (will be uploaded by applicant).