The Florida State University Postdoctoral Association (FSU PDA) was founded in August 2012 by postdoctoral researchers, with a shared vision to bring together postdocs across disciplines while improving the postdoctoral environment and training experience at FSU. Working with postdoctoral fellows, faculty members, and the administration, the PDA helped pave the way for the establishment of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPDA). Today, we have postdoctoral representatives from 8 departments who volunteer their time to help coordinate events, workshops, and relay information to their home departments all in the interest of making the postdoctoral experience at FSU productive and enjoyable.
Meet the PDA Representatives
- Meenakshi Agarwal - Biological Science
- Naween Anand - Maglab.
- Mohamad Aslani - Department of Mathemaics
- Sarah Baisley - Psychology & Neuroscience
- Mujeeb Cheerathodi - College of Medicine
- Nikhil Gupta - Mechanical Engineering
- Shipra Gupta - Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Suzanne Hodgkins - Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Quintin Jamet - EOAS
- Ashini (Liyanage) Jayasinghe - Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Marta Sena-Velez - Biological Science
- Swapnil Sonawane - Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Mailin Sotolongo-Lopez - Biological Science
- Shouvik Sur - Maglab
We are open to hear any suggestions regarding the improvement of postdoctoral training at FSU and we would like to assist you in your postdoctoral journey.
We invite you to become a part of FSU PDA and represent your Department! Your participation and/or leadership in the FSU PDA Postdoctoral Association will help you in building your own leadership skills, networking and negotiating with others, and in serving the community.
Stay Connected with the FSU Postdoc Community
Join us on our LinkedIn FSU Postdoctoral scholars and alumni group!